Reasons to publish
Rapid peer review and publication
Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Case Reports publishes and links together case reports on common and rare conditions in all areas of clinical endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism.
Submitting authors receive a first decision in an average of 36 days. Accepted manuscripts are published online and fully citable within 24 hours of acceptance. Furthermore, articles are published continuously online as soon as the version of record is available i.e. just weeks from acceptance.
Maximise the reach of your work
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Case Reports has achieved its first Journal Impact FactorTM for 2022 of 0.9. This makes Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Case Reports one of the leading case reports publications dedicated to endocrinology and metabolism.
Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Case Reports is fully open access, offering authors the highest possible visibility for their work. Collaborating society members receive a 25% discount on the publishing charge.
Where appropriate, published case reports are promoted to scientists and clinicians from all over the world to ensure maximum reach and visibility of our authors' work.
How we may promote your work
- Press releases for papers of high interest and broad appeal
- Communications to members of multiple endorsing societies via multiple media
- Bioscientifica's publishing portfolio is promoted at around 40 conferences a year and your case report may be picked to feature on our Themed Collection handouts
- Bimonthly email newsletters, including topic collections, sent to authors, readers, editors, reviewers and anybody else with an interest in the journal
- Summaries of selected papers feature as Hot Topics
- Social media coverage
Tips for promoting your own work
Did you know that a Tweeted article is 11 times more likely to be cited up to 29 months after publication than an un-Tweeted article (Eysenbach 2011)?
Get the most out of your published article by considering the following:
- You will receive a link to your published article which you can send to colleagues who may be interested in your line of research
- Add your article to the list of publications on your institution's webpages
- Use of social media: tweet your article and mention @EDMCaseReports for a retweet.
- Link to the paper in work-related blogs and professional websites
- Finally, remember that your work is published open access and is free to read by anyone that may be interested!
Monitor the impact of your work with article level metrics
Article level metrics are available for articles published in EDM Case Reports. This feature provides traditional usage data (number of article downloads/views) as well as Altmetric data for individual articles published. Altmetric provide non-traditional data by tracking a selection of online indicators (both scholarly and non-scholarly) to give a measurement of digital impact and reach. This information is used to generate an article’s Altmetric Attention Score.
These article level metrics allow authors to monitor the impact of their research in academia and beyond.
Bioscientifica Publishing prides itself on the provision of a personalised author service, and editorial office staff are on hand to offer assistance from submission through to publication. All authors are given the opportunity to provide feedback via an online survey, and in 2021, 60% of respondents indicated that their experience of publishing with Bioscientifica was better or much better than with other journal publishers*.
*Based on 464 respondents.